Sunday, March 22, 2009

So I´ve been with my host family for a whole week....and what a week it has been! I´m still adjusting to my host family - I haven´t been able to communicate that they need to speak slowly for me to understand exactly what they´re saying...especially the three little boys. It´s fun though, I get the jist of what they´re saying and the boys like asking me a ton of questions and asking how to translate different words into English. They are also fascinated for some reason by the fact that I have a brother lol...the youngest one (Elias, 5) has already asked me about 100x what Justin´s name is and how old he is! I also shared all my pics from home with my familly....I miss everyone so much!!

We started language classes Monday and had our first introduction to what CYF volunteers do on Wednesday. I can definitely say I´m going to be busy these 3 months! We have lots of different activities and projects to help prepare us for when we become "real" volunteers. Today (Sunday) is the first "day off" we´ve had since moving in with our families. I´m getting to know Costa Rica better, been to San Jose twice now and a couple towns near where I live.

I will try to post more pics when I have them. Next weekend is a big deal: we are making our first visits to real volunteers!!! I don´t know where I´m going yet, but I´m very excited to get my first look at what CYF volunteers really do.

Sorry this post is so short, I will try to give more details next time.

Hope alls well stateside....hasta luego :)

No comments:

Post a Comment