Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Im in Costa Rica!!!!

Well, I finally made it!!! We arrived in San Jose Wednesday around 11am local time. Needless to say its been a loooooong day....lots of time in the airport and lugging around all my bags. It feels wonderful to actually be here though...there were times I didn't think this day would come.

Until Sunday the 15th I'll be at a retreat center outside of San Jose. Its a little up in the mountains that surround San Jose, but it was still upper 70s/low 80s today when we got here (I know you're all jealous back in PA!). It is cooler at night...probably in the low 60s. The place we're at is beautiful, its a huge compound that used to be a monastery for priests. There's lots of land and beautiful views of the valley (I will post pics, I promise). I'll have good internet access till Sunday so please take advantage!
We spent most of today settling in and had some info meetings in the evenings. I had my first Costa Rican meal in while tonight...everything was awesome of course. And I'm meeting lots of awesome people too....I'm really getting exciting to start working in CYF!!

Tomorrow is our language "test" where they see what level we're at so wish me luck that I remember some espanol! lol

I am sure I will have much more interesting posts very soon...

Hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment